Fusible Link Cable

I have a 1985 Chevy Celebrity 2.8 V6-Multi port fuel injection, where is the fusible link cable located? The cable broke on both ends due to old
age and I need to replace it. Thanks Big Mamma
They are located on the starter solenoid bolt where the main battery cable connects. If I remember right, they are a pain to get at because there is a cover down there that has to come off first.
The dealers and some auto parts places sell the cable by the foot. It needs to be about the same length as stock and has to be crimped into place. Solder will damage the properties of the wire. Most on that are 14 ga. protecting 10 ga. circuits like the lights or ignition. One other is smaller I think too.
Mike 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06 http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id !15147590 (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)
BigMamma wrote:

Mike Romain wrote:

Do you think it's really a fusible link cable being referenced? I've never known then to die of old age. I suspect what is being referenced is the braided bare ground strap which could well have corroded to death at both ends and the remains landed on the driveway.
Pete C.
"Pete C." wrote:

Good point. The ground strap on those usually comes from a bell housing bolt up to the body. Not sure which bolt though, but the remains of the loop should still be there.
Mike

If you do not know where the fusible link is how do you know it has failed at both ends?
John G