FS: 1985 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am (Ottawa, Ont)

Magical rod? Nope just common sense.

And if you arent interested, then why bother jumping into this to start off with. Just like so many Usenet cops, you feel a need to stick your nose in where its not needed nor warranted. Exactly why Usenet is so cluttered with garbage, this time I just decided to add my garbage for a change. End of my posts in this , enjoy the day

Reply to
BarracudaDesigns

permanently

And common sense says to make WAG assumptions? LOL!

Well, well, well. Look at you. You're certainly the pot calling the kettle black, aren't you. I asked one simple question of the person who posted the advertisement for sale. Who blew it all out of proportion then later comes back calling ME the Usenet cop? You did. LOL!! How does asking what country's currency the guy is asking for make me a Usenet cop? ROFL! I guess the fact that you said "I just decided to add my garbage for a change" excuses you from acting like a dumbass, right? Let's see if you're really done or if you're just a liar like the rest of the people who say they are.

Reply to
Mr. Floppy

I started off in this newsgroups around 1994 or so. I got the group name from the "Rock-n-Roll Doctor's Z28 Web Page" Egads, I'm surprised my memory goes back that far. I was even at M.E.N.D. With Nick & Patrick G, Walt, and a list of other sedate people from here.

I wasn't flipping you shit, just pointing out as someone who does business online, that even I would believe the type of currency to be Canadian.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Actually I see postings on US-based messageboards all the time where people do not necessarily state US funds, although it is assumed and isn't questioned. Likewise of Canadian-based message boards. Now, a newsgroup isn't necessarily based upon a single country but I for one (and others it seems) do believe that a specification of location is a decent indication of funds. Common sense does seem to apply in this case. Besides, considering the amount of the currency in question does again point to Canadian funds or one stupidly overpriced car.

That said, I'd find it hilarious if the vehicle in question was in fact in US funds. ;o)

A guarantee, no. A logical and safe assumption, definitely. Think about it. You're interested in the vehicle and travel to Ottawa in order to purchase. Would it be logical for the seller to expect anything other than Canadian funds? Likewaise however, I have no interest in the vehicle so I have no intentions of contacting the seller either. I really doubt that would solve anything anyway, since the debate would likely continue.

OT: Since when is a Tiburon a sports car? I'm sick of that brunette in the commercial saying that it's better than other sportscars...

Reply to
SBlackfoot

The whole point I was making was about assumptions. People assume things far too often. Then when they run on an assumption and what they thought to be the truth turns out to be the opposite, they have nobody else to blame but themself. It is best to have all the information you possibly can before going off half cocked. Wouldn't you agree?

Tiburon? Isn't that a POS Hyundai? Nothing Hyundai makes could ever be considered a sports car. Ever. Even if they say so.

Reply to
Mr. Floppy

For all those interested, that would be $4900 Canadian, which is about $3500 US.

Reply to
Bob Warrington

LOL

Reply to
BarracudaDesigns

Yep, but this situation is hardled half-cocked. It's not like he left out required details of the vehicl's specs which wouldn't be safe assumptions. As I asked earlier, if the seller had been in NY would the same debate have broken out? I doubt it. Common sense does indeed apply.

Yep, that's why that cute brunette in that commercial grates on my nerves...

Reply to
SBlackfoot