Ram Air VS Cold air

Anyone have an opion on which is a better upgrade?

1) Buying a WS6 Ram Air hood and associated ram air kit/box

2) Buying SLPs ( or whomevers) Cold Air Kit that takes air from just in fornt of radiator

Certainly, option #1 is much more expensive by the time you add in painting the hood!

But what , if any, performnce gains can i expect to see on my stock ( for now) 2000 LS1 trans am?

Thanx

Frank

Reply to
Frank

i would definately recomend getting the slp cold / ram air kit that takes the air from in front of the radiator. i would also highly recomend getting an after market air lid to go along with it. those two mods together should yield about a real 15hp gain at the wheels. other good induction mods would be smooth bellows, larger throttel body, and a bigger maf sensor. good luck.

jack

Reply to
Jack Conley

I second that. The SLP CAI kit is a better design. I do plan to add a raptor style hood or Firehawk take-off some time in the future, but for purely aesthetic reasons.

Reply to
GLK9MM

Frank wrote: : Anyone have an opion on which is a better upgrade?

: 1) Buying a WS6 Ram Air hood and associated ram air kit/box

: 2) Buying SLPs ( or whomevers) Cold Air Kit that takes air from just in : fornt of radiator

: Certainly, option #1 is much more expensive by the time you add in painting : the hood!

: But what , if any, performnce gains can i expect to see on my stock ( for : now) 2000 LS1 trans am?

: Thanx

: Frank

Your choice.

HP gains will be about the same with either choice. They both achieve the same result: Getting fresh air to the intake on a low restriction path. Posted Dyno results bear this out.

If you are going for performance only, the SLP kit is the best choice. Same results for a cheaper price.

If you want the aesthetics of the RA hood, then you have to decide if the looks are worth the price.

Marshall G. Ward, III

1996 T/A, WS6, 6-Speed, Med Dk Green, Hardtop, T43 Spoiler, 10 Spk CD, Pwr Ant, Graphite cloth, Pwr seat, Keyless entry w/alarm, Leather Appointments Group MODS: !CAGS, K&N, Synthetic Engine/Trans/Diff fluid, Magna Flow Muffler Hotchkis 2 pt STB and SFC's, B&M Ripper shifter License Frame:"One of 2051/1996 Ram Air Trans Am" License Plate: "RAIR TA"
Reply to
Marshall Ward