01 Navigator steering wheel controls?

Hi all, I just purchased a used 2001 Lincoln Navigator. The buttons on the steering wheel which control the volume occasionally reverse themselves. Meaning, when I push "up" the radio volume goes down, and pushing "down" goes up. Any ideas? These buttons appear to be the same equipment which is found on late model Explorer and Expedition Eddie/Limited editions. It's not a big deal, but considering the price of the vehicle I would prefer for everything to work. Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe G.

Browsing through the owner's manual, it mentions this Ford is equipped with a "speed sensitive volume". Meaning, when I accelerate, the volume increases. I have a feeling this might be the problem...Maybe it's operating correctly??? Joe

Reply to
Joe G.