1992 Ford Explorer Strong Vibrations

I recently bought a 1992 Ford Explorer 4X4 and while driving down the interstate the car will tend to shake drastically then alm down to a slight shake and then back to a really bad one. In addition there is a ticking/scraping noise coming from the drivers side front tire, on closer inspection the tire is completely bald on the inside and looks brand new on the outside(obviously an alignment is needed) In addition to an alignment, what else would be causing the problems im describing? I was thinking the wheel bearing could be shot..

Reply to
Airhead315

Big Shoe

Do the basics first... Good tires, good balancing, good alignment, good shocks, good suspension parts. Those trucks tend to vibrate at a certain speed range anyway, and the above will minimize it. The fact that you didn't notice the bad tire indicates that there could well be other problems that you haven't noticed yet. I'd suggest taking it to a *good* alignment shop and let them look at it.

Reply to
Big Bill

"Airhead315" wrotenews: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

On my 91 it turned out to be bushings. Cost about $250 to replace with aliagnment.

-- Riki

--Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Reply to
RikiTikiTavi