1994 Explorer won't start

4.0 V6 This happens after I drive it and get it up to temperature. Then, when I shut the engine off and try to start it about 5 min. later, it won't. I've replaced the Egnition Coil, Plugs and Plug Wires. I've heard that maybe the fuel pump needs to be replaced but it wasn't a professional opinion. I don't want to spend the money and time trying to repair the truck again on something that may not be the problem. I need some kind of definite answer oon what is wrong. Help PLEASE!!
Reply to
AO0075

Big Shoe

This problem was talked here previously. The solution is to change the fuel pump relay. When it get hot it won't start. You can take a look in previous post in the forum about this issue. Hope this will work for you. Regards

Marc

"AO0075" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
The Punisher

Tough call without some diagnosis. With the radio off, turn the key "on" & listen for the fuel pump hum. It should run 2-3 seconds & shut off. You may want to try swapping the fuel pump & heater motor relays in the under hood relay box. Worst case is you have no heater fan....

Pull a plug wire & check for spark while someone turns the key to "start". No spark means you need to check further. One possible problem is a bad crankshaft position sensor that comes open when it heat soaks from a shut-down engine. Again, without diagnostics it a shot in the dark.

Reply to
Mike

Thanks for the responses. It was the relay switch!!!!! When I tapped the switch, the fuel pump would kick on. Now that it's replaced it works fine. Thanks a lot!

Reply to
AO0075