1997 4.0L won't idle

I have a 1997 Explorer 4.0L it will start and stay running as long as there is pressure on the accelerator pedal. I just drove it down the road, it runs fine but will die if I take my foot off of the pedal. This just started today. Any Ideas what the problem is?

Thanks Stan

Reply to
Stan

Stan, read this link and see if it applies to your problem. Steve

Esteban

Check for a vacuum leak.

Reply to
Charlie Bress

And if the other two items mentioned check out OK then perhaps check the fuel filter and fuel pump. They say the filter should last the "life" of the car but they don't say what that life expectancy is.

Reply to
Ulysses