1997 Explorer XLT V6 4.0 PO401/2

I pulled a PO401 code from the OBD system; replaced the EVR Solenoid; now I get a PO402 code. The dpfe was replaced by the dealer about two years ago. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Mike O

PO 402 = exhaust gas recirculation flow excessive detected

Reply to
Searcher

Well, there are several things that can set that code, (including the DPFE) . I would start by pulling the EGR valve off and cleaning out all the coking that's likely in there..

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

what are the other options if the egr is new and cleaned out airways?

Reply to
Judester4

Thanks for the input. I replaced the dpfe sensor and the the problem was fixed; no more codes. The warranty on the dealer part was 12 months; big deal! The casing for the replacement dpfe (from NAPA) was made of plastic whereas the changed out part had a metal casing. Has anyone else experienced the same situation?

Reply to
Mike O