1998 5.0l AWD

I have a 98 5.0l AWD Explorer. What I have noticed lately, is when I am driving on the freeway (in OD or 4th gear) when I approach a hill, or want to accelerate a bit harder, the vehicle hesitates as it tries to , or before it downshifts. If I hit the accelerator hard, and it downshifts quicker, I do not seem to notice it. Any thoughts or ideas where I should start. I was planning on doing some fluid change in the tranny and drive diffs soon, but I don't think that would be the culprit for these symptoms.

Reply to
tlim