2000 Explorer DTC P0171

Check Engine Light is on. Checked code and get P0171 and P0174 as a pending code.

System too lean Bank 1 and Bank 2 pending. Service manual does not detail riching the system up.

Symptom is that when cold, starts okay but chugs down to kill shortly. If you jockey it a while and stabilizes, it's okay and idles perfectly with no future problems until it is cold again.

Any help?

Reply to
Caruso50

Sounds like the classic intake gasket problem.... the gaskets will leak when cold and seal better aas the engine warmsa...

Reply to
Jim Warman

I had similar problem in my '99 explorer sport.Check engine light on and this weird behavior when engine was cold, after about 1 minute it was normal again. I took it to the mechanic and I ended up spending ~$700 to repair this thing. The third cylinder wasn't working right, that caused unstable work of whole engine. Now it's fine again. I'm not sure if this is the same situation, but if Check Engine light is on I prefer not to take a risk... but it's just me.

~~~~~ Rgds Pawel

Reply to
CanusLupus