2000 Ford Explorer Tire Pressure

I recently bought a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT. The vehicle was orignally operated in Canada, so the information tag on the door is layed out different
and I cannot find the recommended tire pressure. Can anyone help me out? Either by telling me the correct pressure or explaining how to read a Canadian information tag.

What size tire?
In any event, I bet the proper pressure will be in the neighborhood of 35 psi.
Craig
wrote...

==================================Yes good point.
I told what my 2000 Limited said on the door but I run a little more than what the door says with the Michelins I have on the vehicle. About what you said....~35 psi from memory....I think I will check and post back. In the AM...
fathergoose

Well, My 2000 Explorer limited says on the door that the tire pressure should be 207 KPa or 30 Psi cold.
Hope this helps you.
fathergoose
thank you very much!
Fathergoose wrote:

My 97 Explorer XLT specifies 30 PSI in the front and 35 PSI in the rear.

Didn't Ford adjust recommended tire pressures due to Firestone recall.
i don't remember details, but I seem to recall that Ford changed what they originally had recommended.
I recently bought a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT. The vehicle was orignally operated in Canada, so the information tag on the door is layed out different and I cannot find the recommended tire pressure. Can anyone help me out? Either by telling me the correct pressure or explaining how to read a Canadian information tag.
That was for the earlier models, like my '92, where Ford originally recommended 26 psi. They went to 30 after the Firestone thing started. My '99 EB had a recommended pressure of 30, which should match the '00. My '05 has a recommended pressure of 35 psi.
By the way, a lot was said about the low tire pressure recommendation on the early models. I recently had my daughter's Honda CR-V serviced and - guess what - the recommended tire pressure is 26 psi. Interesting!

If you have any doubt... inflate to what your tire says. You may lose some comfort in the ride, but won't have the fear of a blowout due to under inflation. A peace of mind that I choose for my family's lives.