2002 EB Electronic Climate Control Problem

My 2002 EB with 67k miles recently developed a problem . The electronic climate control stays off when the engine is restarted. I can hear creaking and groaning noises behind the instrument panel for

15-20 seconds. When I press the "auto" button, the ECC comes on, stays on, and everything is fine until the next cycle.

My concern is that this will eventually lead to complete failure of the system.

Any ideas or suggestions? Anything I can investigate myself? Would like to avoid the dreaded trip to the dealer for obvious reasons. Thanks....

Reply to
Ed

I work for a dealer..... and I would love to know what "the obvious reasons" are.....

Reply to
Jim Warman