2013 Explorer test drive

I tried a 2013 XLT. Street handling has greatly improved over my '98. Rapidly turning the steering wheel right/left changed directions with virtually no body
roll, but it "felt" much larger than my '98, not getting much feed back. The salesman also told me that they are not equipping them with running boards. Really? I guess they expecting everyone to buy moon roofs instead of racks? :-) I have also found the running board a much easier way to step into the vehicle.
Ben
Ben Kaufman wrote:

I have a 13 Black Ltd. and wish they had a V8 engine option. Nice ride with good millage but needs more power. Give me back the old dash with gauges and not that electronic crap and also a good steering wheel that I can hold at the bottom and that would make my day. Also get rid of that voice nav and add a few knobs for HVAC and than they can feel good about asking $49,450.00. I like my Explorer but wish it was made for me and not some 18 year old kid with a rich mom & dad. Forgot this one, get rid of that double Y pipe and put real duals on that thing. Engineers at Ford please take note of this, build one for us over 50, lower the price and you could sell more of them.
Ron

A larger engine and the gas mileage will go down. <wink>
Ben