94 EB Transmission

OK, 193K I've had since it was new. This truck runs good and doesn't look too bad. A couple of weeks ago when leaving for work I noticed the transmission didn't shift up. Yes I checked the trans fluid and all was well. I can get it to shift by manipulating the throttle. It will down shift normally. I replaced the throttle position sensor and it didn't help. I would gladly give her a new (used) transmission but I think the problem is electrical? Any suggestions?

Reply to
Jim Wilkerson

Jim: I don't believe that the A4LD tranny in a 1994 Expy is computer controlled. (with the exception of the TC and OD lockup) So, it wouldn't be an electrical problem. There is a vacuum modulator in the side of the tranny under the exhaust pipe. VM diaphram maybe leaking? Or a V line disconnected? There is also a (sp.) governor in the tranny that lets it know when to shift. Sometimes a fluid flush helps with that. HTH,

-Steve ('94 EB 4x4)

Reply to
SASCHOCH