94 S10 Blazer 4x4 transmission vacuum lines

I recently purchased a 94 S10 Blazer 4x4. While performing various maintinance/service, I noticed the 3 vacuum lines, that go to the vacuum switch on top of the transmittion/transfer case, were rotten and barely held together.

My question is, where do these three lines go? Is there a diagram available?

I have replaced the 3 lines. One went onder battery area and one to the intake. However, one of the lines was not connected, so I do not know where to send it. I tried the intake, but it sucked trans fluid and caused massive engine smoke... LOL... So obviously, that was not correct...

Any help appreciated

Thanks, Dave Long Memphis, TN

Reply to
Dave Long

More info on my truck:

94 S10 Blazer 4x4, with 4.3L Vortec V6, Automatic Trans., electronic (push button) 4x4 engagement

Thanks in advance

maintinance/service, I noticed the 3

case, were rotten and barely

intake. However, one of the lines

it sucked trans fluid and

Reply to
Dave Long

The third line is an atmosphere vent. It also should have a T in it that hooks up to a line that comes from the top of the transfer case. From there it should run up to someplace high such as the back of the firewall and have one of those vent valves on it.. That is the way it is on my 97 Jimmy with the same specs as yours. Just got done last week doing the same things.

GM

Reply to
GM

I know on my 86 blazer(long gone i miss that sucker :)) the vacuum lines were for engaging 4x4, easy way to check is to unhook em and see if you can get it in 4wd... I know I forgot to hook up the one near the battery a few times and didn't find out til it snowed.....

GM wrote:

Reply to
89GMC

replying to GM, obie wrote: Do you count clockwise from the center guide, and witch one is the big on? Thanks

Reply to
obie