96 Explorer New EGR: could it be egr dpfe?

Have a CEL reporting between codes 401-402. check voltage with engine warm getting tween 4&5 volts. Reset with code tester. A few engine cycles later Cel comes on with either code. Or could it be vacuum regulator tests tween

30 & 50 ohms. New egr as well as riser tube off ex manifold any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rcpdrums

I had this same code (401) on my 1996 XLT AWD V8.

I replaced the EGR Solenoid, EGR Position Sensor (on EGR valve) and the EGR (oh, and the short vaccuum tube between the EGR and the EGR Solenoid.) No more code 401. Mine didn't have a DPFE Sensor. I believe its because the early 96 V-8's didn't have them.

Not sure what Engine/Model you have. Get the parts from Ford and make sure you give them your calibration number. If you don't know it the calibration code they should be able to look it up using your VIN. This will insure that you get the correct part numbers.

Before replacing any parts, you might check the vaccuum tube that goes from the EGR to the EGR Solenoid. If it has a crack in it or is leaking, replace it and see if the code clears after 3 warm up cycles.

Hope this helps.

Byron

Reply to
Byron Jones