'96 XLT V8 Speaker Shutdown

When we got this vehicle, the sound system was truly a step up from anything I'd enjoyed in a vehicle prior. I was never an audiophile in an extreme sense but loved being able to listen to the subtleties that a better system allowed.

Recently, though, speaker after speaker has started to rattle and then unexpectedly cut out. It took one week from the first little tweeter to the bass in the back to fully shut down.

Are there replacement speakers or should I be looking deeper?

Many thanks.

The "Quiet" Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

Big Shoe

Or wiring. I have one speaker on mine that like to cut in and out which I think I've narrowed down to the wiring in the door.

Reply to
Al Williams