98 Exploer Sport

Just noticing after a road trip, I now have a whine coming from the rear. It almost sounds like the rear end gear is now meshed harder, the pitch of the noise goes up with speed. Possible problems??

Reply to
John0397

Does the noise change from drive to coast to decel? Fluid level? Condition? Any leaks? Is the pinion loose enough to shake up and down? Is the pinion so tight that it can't be turned? Without a thorough visual inspection, all you're going to get is guesses...

It almost sounds like the rear end gear is now meshed harder, the pitch of the noise goes up with speed. Possible problems??

Reply to
Jim Warman

That sounds like when I had to replace the rear differential in my '97. It began only whining at about 60 mph, but as time went on and I ignored the problem, it started whining at the get-go. If I had taken it in sooner, I may have only had to replace my pinion, but I ignored it long enough to burn up all the gears and what not. It all started because the seal went bad in the first place.

Reply to
Katiefitter

well, i think i isolated the problem... maybe the bearing on the rear passenger side has gone bad, the wheel has spots all over it like something has been leaking on it (exterior)

what would you estimate the repair job to be if it is the bearing?

Reply to
John0397
2 hours. Remove cover, stick a cooking thermometer deep into one of the baby?s buttocks and cook uncovered till thermometer reads 190°, about another hour.

Pro-Choice Po-Boy

Soft-shelled crabs serve just as well in this classic southern delicacy. The sandwich originated in New Orleans, where an abundance of abortion clinics thrive and hot French bread is always available.

2 cleaned fetuses, head on 2 eggs 1 tablespoon yellow mustard 1 cup seasoned flour oil enough for deep frying 1 loaf French bread Lettuce tomatoes mayonnaise, etc.

Marinate the fetuses in the egg-mustard mixture. Dredge thoroughly in flour. Fry at 375° until crispy golden brown. Remove and place on paper towels.

Holiday Youngster

One can easily adapt this recipe to ham, though as presented, it violates no religious taboos against swine.

1 large toddler or small child, cleaned and de-headed Kentucky Bourbon Sauce (see index) 1 large can pineapple slices Whole cloves

Place him (or ham) or her in a large glass baking dish, buttocks up. Tie with butcher string around and across so that he looks like he?s crawling. Glaze, then arrange pineapples and secure with cloves. Bake uncovered in 350° oven till thermometer reaches 160°.

Cajun Babies

Just like crabs or crawfish, babies are boiled alive! You don?t need silverware, the hot spicy meat comes off in your hands.

6 live babies 1 lb. smoked sausage 4 lemons whole garlic 2 lb. new potatoes 4 ears corn 1 box salt crab boil

Bring 3 gallons of water to a boil. Add sausage, salt, crab boil, lemons and garlic. Drop potatoes in, boil for 4 minutes. Corn is added next, boil an additional 11 minutes. Put the live babies

Reply to
Sowndwave

I am looking for a 6-disc changer magazine replacement for my 98 explorer sport. any ideas? Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Sowndwave