98 Explorer Sport door sticks in locked position,

Need advice on repairing the driver side door locking system. The door locks ok but cannot unlock the door by using a key or the electric opener system. The electric door unlocking system is functioning, as I can see the manual locking post being pushed up a little. I know that the door must be removed, but wonder what is making the lock stick closed. The milage just rolled over to 100,000 miles and the door has been opened and closed many times a day as I use the truck for service. Any help would be apprecated.

Reply to
Cosmo