98 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer-Auto transmission shift problems

Hi Y'all, I have a 98 Ford Explorer 4x4, Eddie Bauer SUV. It's an auto transmission, and for the past several months it intermittantly will not upshift when it should. The engine will rev really high then it will chunk into the next highest gear. I have recently had the transmission fluid changed and the serp belt changed too. But it still does it. At this juncture if it does it I will lift off the accelorator in order to let it 'manually' shift itself. Any ideas on the why? or how to fix? Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Angie

Reply to
asn