auto lamp malfunction ~ headlights come on in daylight ~ '96 Eddie Bauer Explorer

'96 Eddie Bauer Explorer. Auto lamp feature for head lights comes on in day light. It goes out normal when I turn the car off. Maybe the photo cell is blocked and it thinks it's dark? I see a photo cell on the dash but I suspect there is another one too. Any help appreciated. It's the only thing not working on this car. 145,000 miles and I still love this car.

Bill

Reply to
Cancun Bill

Is this a Canadian car or a US car?

Reply to
Jim Warman

Thanks for the reply Jim. The 11th digit in the serial number is a U so that menas Louisville?

Reply to
Cancun Bill

Reply to
Jim Warman

Sorry for misunderstanding. It was built to be used in the US. It was originally delivered to New Jersey.

Reply to
Cancun Bill

According to the '96 WSM, the sensor is in the mirror housing.

Reply to
Jim Warman