98 high idle

Within the last 2 days my idle is over a 1000 and I can really feel while traveling around 30MPH. Inside the engine compartment it says there is no idle adjustment and everything is computer controlled. Anybody had this problem and fixed the idle???

Reply to
ddodero

only problem i've ever had with this was when a chunk of my rubber intake tube came off and lodged itself in the throttle body! for a few days it felt like the explorer was just idling high, but then, when we got on the interstate, the throttle jammed wide open! check that and make sure there's nothing unusual in your intake and that the throttle body isnt sticking. mine is also a 98.

Reply to
almfreak

Reply to
ddodero