A basic question... Hopefully I can get suggestions...

I recently bought a '99 Ford Explorer XLT (4dr 2wd model). Anyway, I wanted to add a toggle switch to the dash or underneath) so that I can control something (like a fake alarm led light, like those found at Radio Shack etc...) or I wanted to wire a device (any device) that only came on when my head lights turned on. Anyway, my question is... how do I wire any device to the fuse box? So I then can connect it the a 2-prong toggle switch. Another question... (do I connect 1 wire from the "device" to one of the prongs of the toggle switch and another to wire from the toggle switch somehow to the fuse box???) I am so retarded and lost. I have never wired anything in a vehicle (can someone say pending car-fire lol!!!), so ALL help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to everyone... snipped-for-privacy@Hotmail.com Ps. Fusebox is on side of dash console facing driverside door)

Reply to
CpuVampire

Yes.

Fuse+++++switch+++++ |Device| Ground--------------