Axle Seal Squeal

In the first few years I had the axle seals replaced at least 3 times. It's been fine for the last few year but now my 98 is over 6 yrs old now and I've got that old familiar squal coming back. Since I'm out of warranty I'm wondering what's involved in replacing these seals myself? Or what am I looking at (ballpark) to get it fixed?

Rob

Reply to
Rob

What does the "squeal" sound like and at what speeds do you hear it? I've got a drive train sound on my '95 V6 4x4 Explorer, 120K miles, that the repair shops I've been to can't identify. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks.

Doug.

Reply to
Doug Harrod