Bleeding Brakes on 91 Explorer

I was bleeding my breakes the other day and noticed that on the back brakes ( both of them ) the fluid comes out "much" slower than in the front.

I changed my rear wheel brake cylinders and flushed the system but I still am seeing what I would call low pressure on those rear bleed nipples.

Anyone see this before on their Ford?

Do I have some kind of balance valve that has moved causing less pressure to the rear brakes?

Thanks for any help or advise.

Mike

Reply to
mike

Rear brakes need less pressure then the front brakes so perhaps it's normal. I think the balancing is taken care of by the design of the master cylinder but I could be wrong. I believe the 91's had the rear anti lock system and that has a valve down by the fuel filter which, in my experience, often goes bad although usually it lets too much pressure thru rather then too little.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher