Carpet template for Explorer?

Does anyone know where I can find a template, or the measurements, for the carpet in the cargo area of a 1991 - 1994 Explorer? The template may even be the same for later models. There aren't any Explorers in the salvage yards around here.

Thanks.

Reply to
Scot

You don't give a reason for your question, but if it's to have someone cut you off a new piece 'o carpet - do what the pros do. Get some heavy paper ("kraft" paper or butcher paper works well). Tape it together until you have a section large enough to fill the back area then trim it to your liking. There's your template.

Reply to
Herb Kauhry

"Herb Kauhry" wrotenews:WNqdnahLxeLh snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Or just use the old carpet? I guess that's too obvious, so I guess the old carpet is not around anymore?

Also, JC Whitney catalog online usually has a lot of carpets in diferent quality and sizes.

Also, another option could be getting one of those hard plastic molded inserts for the rear cargo area.

-- Riki

--Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Reply to
RikiTikiTavi

All correct. The old carpet was scraped before I got to the car, and the " no problem" shop I took it to completely &^%*#! (botched) the job -- twice. I'm now doing it myself. Auto carpet sellers require a 20% restocking fee + shipping + shipping back, so I was checking to see if the diagram with measurements for these things even existed.

wrotenews:WNqdnahLxeLh snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
Scot

"Scot" wrotenews:TjUid.4861$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

I think I would do it just like as if I was carpeting my house or room.

Take off the mouldings (unscrew the bottoms of the plastic mouldings), lay the back seat down, buy a piece of rectangular carpet about 6" bigger than you think you need, lay it out then go around with an exacto razor blade knife and cut it about 1/2" too big, then pull and tuck it under the plastic moulding and then hot glue it down.

Rememer to cut at a .45 degree angle towards and under the sweet area, meaning that the cut will then be angled down and the top part of the carpet will be carpet and no ragged edges and the extra carpet will hide the bottom of the carpet. I think any really good cut pile short nap carpet of the proper color would do.

Now if I only knew how to sew and had access to a heavy duty sewing machine and the right leather...my seat sides are cracking and coming apart. I saw some beautiful cream tan colored EB seats on Ebay a few months ago but they wanted around $400 for them. Too much for me.

Maybe I'll haunt my junkyards around here.