Climate Control Problem - Blend Door or Thermostat?????

Hello everyone,
Some earlier postings, and the dealer have both said a broken blend door is the cause of my climate control problem, i.e., lots of heat under all
settings except Max Air.
I wonder though... I've noticed that the engine temp gauge is never getting up to the "normal" point that it used to go to. Could it be that a faulty thermostat (stuck open) is the cause of the climate control problem?
Any ideas here as to what's happening?
Larry (not wanting to pull the dash) in El Cerrito, CA
An open thermostat would cause less heat, not more, and would have no effect on settings for the heater / air conditioner. If the thermostat is stuck open, you should replace it as it is not good for the engine to run constantly at low temperatures.
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:04:52 GMT, Lawrence Radcliffe

Still sounds like the blend door. You may also have a faulty thermostat.
Did you see this fix:
Here is the link
http://www.ford-trucks.com/frameredirect/frame.php?action=do&link=http://home.earthlink.net/~kandc1/ford/blenddoorfix.html
--