Early downshift to first gear......

my '98 Ranger with the 3.0 V6 and the 4-speed auto overdrive transmission has taken to downshifting to first at about 20 mph, now and then.

While I'm slowing for a stop, it happens. Only happening about once every 2 or 3 weeks, but I'm wondering what it might mean?

I have about 37k miles on it, and the transmission fluid was changed at 20k.

Reply to
Alan Moorman