Electric door locks 99 Limited

Had a sudden problem today with my elec door locks. Just quit! Fortunatly had the windows down enough to reach in and manually open door. Replaced blown fuse and it did it again. Before I make a special trip to the dealer, any thoughts or suggestions ( short of bad solonoid). Any alternate ways to get in, if keys locked inside? (bad habit, I know!) Bill

Reply to
Bill Hall

If you had a bad solenoid, I would think it would only blow the fuse when you hit the lock switch. Since you mentioned that the fuse blew when you put it in, I would look at the switches to see if they are broken or shorting out. Also I believe there is a relay for the door locks, not sure though. You can try taking out the relay and seeing if the fuse still blows. If it does, there is a problemwith the wiring going to the relay. If it does not blow, then you know it is past the relay such as the switches and wiring. Good Luck

Reply to
SizzleMP