Emergency Brake Dragging?

Hello,

95 Exp 119k 4WD Replaced rear rotors/shoes last week. Rust must have flaked off and jammed between pad and rotor, as shoes were no where near to the rivets, yet rotor was scored.

Emergency shoes not stuck as wheels turned easily. After lots of hammer hits to rotor to release it, I tried to put on new rotors. I turned the ebrake star wheel until the threaded assembly contraced as far as possible, and showed no threads visible. Even after this, ebrake pads seem to be expanded too much to get the rotors on easily. Haynes manual gave little info. Did I turn the star wheel the correct direction?

Old rotor wasn't grooved from ebrake pads, so there was no lip for them to stick on. They were just froze to axle hub with rust. Applied anti-seize to hub before new rotor was installed Both ebrake levers at axles seem to work fine. They swing about 1/2" between on/off at the ends where the cable loop attaches. Is there an adjustment at the pedal in the inside ebrake lever to loosen it? Ebrake pads seem to drag as truck won't easily roll down a small slope in neutral and requires a little bit more throttle to get it moving.

Thanks, Ted

Reply to
Ted

Fred 2