Dragging parking Brake like noise -2005 Explorer

I just replaced the rear disc brakes, rotor and parking brakes in my 2005 Ford Explorer. The rear parking brake is the hat style which the
parking brake is within the rotor for the disc brake. The problem is that I can not stop the sound of which is the parking brake dragging. I gained access to the star wheel and backed off to the point that I can slide the rotors over the parking brake. But no matter what I do the parking brake drags. I replace the spring clips on the parking brakes but still no success. I've drive about with the brakes dragging to wear in but no success. I checked the ID of the rotors and are OK????? I can not be the only home mechanic with this problem. What am I missing

Why did you need to replace the parking brakes shoes? How did they wear? Those are rarely used. In any event, try backing up and going foward a few times and hit the emergency brake hard, that's how they adjust. Make sure the dragging noise your hearing is indeed the emergency brakes, not the main disc pads. Some dragging noise is normal when new pads are put in, but not to the extent where it actually slows down the truck.
The park brake is not self adjusting...