Explorer Tires

My 98 is in need of new tires, the last two sets I put on were Michilin XLT's.

Just not wanting to be blind is there a online source that rates the different brands or is there a concensus on a brand and type.

My only complaint witht he XLT's is road noise and would like to find something a bit less noisy.

BTW road driving only, very limited off road, only to drive up a gravel road from time to time

Thanks

Reply to
MS Jordan

I'm on my 2nd set of Michelin LTX M/S tires and from what I read here, they're the most popular. Discount Tire should have them for $120 (plus balancing, road hazard, etc. fees). Figure $600-700 out the door with the hazard guarantee.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Try the Michelin Cross Terrains. You should also compare the two as they swap places within the top 5 at

Andy Barkl

You can get a lot of info from

on many different brands of tires. They have ratings from customers on many different items such as dry handling, wet handling, noise, comfort, etc, etc. For a tire as popular as the Michelins there will be a very large number of people contributing their ratings so they are probably reasonable representative of reality.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

tirerack was exactly what I was looking for,

Thanks everybody for the help and direction

news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
MS Jordan