Faulty Chime

I have a '91 Explorer that has a faulty chime. You know, the thing that "dings" when you leave your keys in the truck, or when your seat belt isn't fastened. Well mine is no longer is making noise and I want to replace it.

Is this device a seperate item, like a turn signal flasher or relay? Or is it built into another component, like part of the instrument cluster? And does anyone have an idea on cost?

Thanks John Normile

Reply to
John Normile

The chime is a part of an assembly that is easy to unplug and replace. As I recall they are a bit pricey since it is not an off the shelf item. I lucked out last year by finding a new one on eBay. Try there or the salvage yards.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress