Forgot how old my antifreeze is

are these testers you buy at the auto parts store accurate in testing your AF? the one i have just tests freeze point.

Reply to
Spud Unger

Big Shoe

Reply to
stevie

I had about four new gallons of Texaco antifreeze that was over fifteen years old, maybe close to twenty, and I asked the same question. I received mixed responses and decided not to use it just in case.

My neighbor snatched it up when I told him I was going to take it to our neighborhood recycling center. He has been using it in his vehicles without trouble ever since. I don't go through that much coolant and don't regret not using it in my vehicle.

Good luck,

Steven

stevie wrote:

Reply to