FS: Working 1993 Ford Explorer Limited HAMILTON, ONTARIO

Due to the purchase of a new car, I need to sell my faithful 1993 Ford Explorer Limited - $1200 AS IS. PLEASE NOTE: "As is" doesn't mean that I'm afraid to certify the truck - it means that I just don't have the time to do it, and will take a hit on the value of the vehicle because I need it gone by the end of the month. You can literally show up with plates and drive this thing home - and then some. It runs extremely well, is physically solid, and should have no problems with certification or e-Test.

The truck is in Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada (Maybe one or two of you are in the area?) just off of the QEW over the Skyway bridge (about 40 minutes away) Show up with $1200, and drive away with a functional truck. I will have some pictures by Saturday, but there s nothing special - do a Google image search for a 1993 ford explorer and you have your truck. I even have receipts for a lot of the work I put into this beast.

Email snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com if you want to set up a time to see the truck, or want the address to swing by and see it. I NEED THIS THING GONE ASAP so talk to me and get a steal of a deal!

The bad:

- 340,000km

- The 4WD doesn't turn on. I can get it to work by banging on the transfer case, and Mr. Lube says it needs fluid

- The engine ticks due to a sticky lifter (doesn't affect functionality, just a bit irritating)

- The air conditioning works intermittently

- There is a small amount of rust on the truck: Over the back tires, a couple of tiny spots on the hood

The good:

- 340,000km and still has enough oomph to go 200,000 more

- The interior is still in good shape, with cruise control, stereo, lights and other goodies working

- The engine has a lot of power, and drives very smoothly on the highway

New Parts in the last year and a half:

- Tires

- Radiator

- Fuel pump

- Fuel tank

- Water pump

- Hoses

- Calipers, rotors and brake pads (ALL new)

- Alternator

- Battery

Reply to
scironi