Noisy Tires on '05

The original equipment Goodrich tires on my '05 Limited have suddenly gotten quite noisy. They have been rotated every 5,000 miles and show no signs of any feathered edges or any other unevenness. Naturally, the noise is worst on new blacktop pavement on Interstate 85, where the speed limit is 70. It was bad enough today that my wife noticed it and asked what was making all that noise that sounded like a big fan.

I am curious what the experience has been for other Explorers with these tires. Has anyone had experience with shaving tires to smooth the surface? I will quickly get to the point where I replace these tires, so am willing to try anything within reason to fix the problem.

Even though I see no signs of a problem, I plan to get the front end alignment checked soon.

Reply to
Big Shoe

Big Shoe