Dealer Replaced Tires on ES300

In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, rg being of bellicose mind posted:

Cars get delivered on transport trucks. To secure the car, the car is chained down which compresses the suspension a bit. It's not at all unusual for this practice to affect the toe settings which.... will cause your tires your wear prematurely. When I bought my 2003 Corolla, the same feathering started showing up by 3,000 miles. I took the car to my familiar alignment shop and had them realign the car. There was excessive toe-out. Toyota reimbursed me for the effort. No big deal. Your dealer is on top of things.

Reply to
Philip®

My wife took her car in to the dealer to get the oil changed and the tires rotated. She had 9,500 miles on the car. When she picked the car up they explained the tires were excessively feathered and they replaced four tires under warranty. Our daughter had the same thing happen on her ES300. She got her car from a physically different dealership but one that has common ownership with the our dealer. A friend of my wife also had her tires replaced free, not sure what dealer or what model it was.

I did a google search and didn't find anything about mass replacement of tires and I'm curious if any one has a similiar experience.

Reply to
rg

I bought a used 2001 ES300 from Stevinson Lexus here in Denver. It was one of those returned leases with about 29000 miles on it. They had the tires all nice and pretty and never really noticed that they were worn. Anyway, when bargaining with them I forgot to use the tires as bargaining tool and bought the car. After having the car for 3 days I noticed they were really worn and went back to them and after some 'threats', they replaced them. I have had 4 Toyotas and I suspect if I would have had a problem with stuff like that, they wouldn't have replaced them,.. Anyway, I am not only sold on Lexus for their quality but their service is impeccable.

Reply to
SignatureMan

actually...the toyo tires wear bad on the es...we have been replacing all 5 tires for some time now..uner 12/12

Reply to
Cuzinga