problems with brakes on 00' Mercury Mountaineer

I've had this issue for about a year and can't figure it out, dealers not sure and 4 mechanics I had check it aren't sure either. When I'm comming to a stop the brakes seem fine till about 15 mph untill I stop.

From 15 mph on down it makes this weird rubbing sound, and when I do

come to a stop the brakes make this eerrcckk sound. Then when I lift off the brake pedal to accelerate from a stop the brakes make that same eerrcck sound for a split sec. Everythings been checked and looks fine. It does it worse in hotter weather and when it's wet/raining out. And especially when I 1st start it up, right when I put it into drive (obviously have my foot on the brake pedal) and it goes into gear, it makes that errcckk sound. Almost as if the truck had so much torque from the 5.0 the brakes can't hold it at 1st (like you know how most vehicles slightly move when going from park into drive, except mine adds that errrcck sound).

I'm at a lost and don't want to buy all new rotors and pads etc and still have the same proble when everything on mine checked out fine. We have another 01' Explorer, and 05' Lexus LX470, and 03' Mountaineer (besides the other Explorers/Mountaineers we've owned) and none make or have made that sound.

Reply to
chris