1997 mountaineer noise

I just bought an all wheel drive 97 mercury mountaineer 5.0 V-8 with 124,000 miles. When excellerating I hear what sounds like a loud metal hitting metal sound coming from the left front of the truck, it will make this sound at any speed including a dead crawl. When I am coming to a stop I can feel a buzzing in the brake pedal and then when the truck almost stops, the brake pedal will sink about half an inch the buzzing stops and then the wheel will make a sharp turn to the left . I was told this might be a sticking caliper, pads falling apart or a cracked rotor.

I also have a sticky lifter which I put Rislone in to try to free it up, anyone know how long this takes?

My main concern though is the brake or possible left front end problem.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks!

Reply to
smantas