Re: Engine jerking under load.

I would think about making sure the ignition is up to snuff before I worried about fuel pressure or check engine light. Use either double platinum plugs or plain copper plugs..... single platinums are a waste of money on wasted spark ignition systems. Inspect the plug wires closely for abrasions, swelling and lightning strikes. Check the boots for splits and carbon tracks..... likewise, use a strong light and inspect the coil towers for carbon tracks.

If you're bound and determined to check fuel pressure, be absolutely sure that you check the pressure WHEN THE PROBLEM IS HAPPENING....

I think that your mystery CEL will vanish when this problem is addressed.

I have a 93 2 door with a manual transmission. When I accelerate in > first and second gear the engine jerks likes it is about to cut out. > After a second or two it picks back up and is fine. It never happens > in the higher gears, only in first and or second. At idle in the drive > way the engine runs fine. I have reved it up to 2500rpms and held it > there, and the engine never burps once. It only seems to do it under > load in first and second gear. It happens only under acceleration. > It's not a shudder as if its clutch related, but more of a cutting in > or out. > > My thoughts are fuel pressure related. Any ideas would greatly be > appreciated. > > Thanks John
Reply to
Jim Warman

Sounds like the fuel filter needs replacement.

Tom

Reply to
Tom