A/C compressor not working

I have just noticed that when I go to turn on my A/C the compressor does not come on. Has anyone ran into this with their Explroers? (2000, Explorer Sport).

Thanks!

Reply to
Chris

Several possible reasons.. Most likely low freon level. You can test by turning in the a/c, and jumper over the low pressure cut off switch. If it doesn't work, then maybe a fuse or switch issue. If the compressor runs, you've got a leak.. check the output of the condenser as that line is usually oily where the "O"-rings fail first.

my $.02 rk

Reply to
rakster

My 2000 Sport had the AC compressor replaced last season. under warranty. If I remember correctly the seals went out.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest