Re: Front wheel bearings? 96 Explorer XLT 4wd

Has anyone replaced the front wheel bearings in their Explorer? This is a

> 96, 4wd. It is a DIY job, or should it be done at a shop? >

I just did the right front of my '95 with 144k. You have to buy the entire hub. I got mine at advanced auto for about $180 and include the ABS sensor. There are three bolts that fasten the hub. My biggest problem was getting them loose. I had to use a breaker bar with a pipe on it. You also need a large 31mm socket remove the hub bolt. It is suggested to replace this nut. I could do the other side in half the time. Getting the bolts loose was the key for me.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Farrell

Thanks for the reply Craig!