rear air knocking?

I bought a 2002 explorer xlt and the rear a/c works but there is a knocking sound ( ~78 knocks/minute regardless of rear fan speed) coming from the rear driver side. I started taking the rear interior panels off, I got to the rear air conditioner and still couldn't pin-point it.

Anybody have this problem before or have any solutions?

thanks, Tom

Reply to
tombstne

Knocking or ratcheting ??????

If ratcheting probably a blend door motor, try moving to hot/cold and or floor/defrost to see if the noise changes

Reply to
JohanB