Subject Author Posted Replies

Vehicle Recalls Up 25% in 2007
Looks like Ford won the 2007 Recall crown for the most vehicles recalled......Mostly because of the cruise control switch recall (especially since they went back ten years and recalled vehicles that...
31
31

QA1, QA2 and QA3
When performing QA1, QA2 and QA3, and all the other pinpoint tests, can I simply disconnect my PCM and test on the connector or do I need a breakout box in order for the tests to be run properly?...
3
3

Restored 1920 Dorris K-4
Restored 1920 Dorris K-4 My Husband found it in a barn in Montana. After 4 years and lots of work, his labor of love is 100% restored! The RV of my Husbands dreams reaches a top speed of 15 miles per...
2
2

94 Lincoln Shifting
My 94 Towncar will sometimes hunt in and out of overdrive for no reason. It has nothing to do with loads or temperture. I suspect a sensor problem but which one and where is it? Any help please. All...
5
5

Re: Price fixing among tire manufacturers
your right i think. what happened to the promise of cheeper products with factories overseas? i think the new excuse is "world economy " . lucas http://www.minibite.com/america/malone.htm
1
1

'98 Taurus SE 3.0L - Transaxle Fitting Leaks
I just replaced the cooler line fittings on a friends 1998 Taurus SE 3.0L automatic transaxle/transmission, because they were leaking (one of them.. but I replaced both). These are the fittings at the...
5
5

'64 custom body repair advice
I have a 1964 custom 2 door sedan. The body is in really excellent shape overall EXCEPT right behind both rear tires. The bottom of the body is pretty hosed back there, and on the passenger side...
1
1

97 Ford Taurus: 4 ways and turn signal lights not working
About a month ago the turn signals stopped working (at first it would work sometimes, but not others, but now not at all). During that process I discovered the 4 ways didn't work either, but for how...
7
7

1991 Ford Probe GT Cylinder Wall Rust
My roomate just recently acquired a 1991 Ford Probe GT 2.2l Turbo knowing that the cylinder head gasket was blown. The car had sat for quite a few months, my guess is at least 3+, and the cylinder...
3
3

Coolant Air-Bleed for 1996 Taurus ??
I think I have an air-lock in my coolant system of my 1996 Taurus....is there an air-bleed valve, and if so, where would I find it? thanks

Re: Popular GSP Devices
What is a GSP device? That designation is also used in your BS web site article. I've heard of GPS, so I would guess you don't know what you are talking about and/or don't know the proper terminology....

Heater fan motor power reduction after start - why???
Hi, I've been able to locate and remove the heater fan motor and assembly. When I switch to power the fan motor will run normally for a few seconds, but will subsequently experience a reduction in...
4
4

1990 F150 4WD *FAILS* compared to 79 F150
I have had a 1979 Ford F150 pickup truck for about 7 years. It was a piece of junk when I bought it, but I did some work to it and got it in halfway decent shape, except for the badly rusty bed/box,...
6
6

To Birkshire Bill re: P1633
Hi Bill & Group, I believe that you may have been correct on the P1633 error code on my Explorer. I have reason to believe that the car had been sitting for months and your diagnosis sounded good. I...

Removal of chrome bed rails on 08 Ranger
How do I remove the chrome bed rails from my '08 Ranger? I'm getting the bed Rhino coated next week and installing an ABS tonneau cover. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Terry D.