1990 ford bronco stalls and a exhaust smell comes in the cab

This beast has a 5.0 fuel injected V8. Will start and run then at times will began to stall, I lose power and a exhaust oder comes in the truck then it will clear up and run fine. Then a while later it will do it again and sometimes will cause it to cut off. Ive checked my fuel lines , new fuel filter , the pump is fine I just cant pinpoint the problem. any help would be appriciated. thanks

Reply to
buckinbronco

EGR valve, EVP filter, IAC valve, PIP, even a TFI module that's on the way out can do this. Invest $35 in a digital code reader and scan for trouble codes to help pinpoint the problem.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

Where should I go to get a digital code reader like you're talking about?

Reply to
87aerostar

AutoZone or Adavance Auto or any NAPA store; I think even Wal-Mart sells them.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke