1997 Ford Taurus Wagon

Hi I have a question. I have the above vehicle. It has around 168,000 KMS (104,000 Miles approx). I have had the transmission replaced as it was giving trouble. I seem to have a recurrent problem. The service engine soon light keeps coming on. The codes show that the spark plug needs to be changed, but that has been done, and the light does come back. This is what I have seen, the light comes on when accelerating up a slope (like a bridge or a highway at a gradient) and the fan is on, either heater or cooler. This is what I have noticed so I wonder if there's a connection.

Appreciate any help!

Sujay

Reply to
Sujay L. Nazareth

your problem could be with your spark plug wires (easy test is to wet them with a spray bottle and watch for sparks but DO NOT TOUCH!! it hurts bad)...or it could be a coil pack going bad...would recommend wires even if coil is faulty part..hope this helps

Reply to
Cmoe55