1998 Contour with strange gas smell at times...

Good Evening,

I have a 1998 contour that kicks out a gasoline smell into the vehicle on occasion. It seems to occur when the car has been sitting for a while.

It's not too strong, but very noticable at times, to the point that I hesitate driving it for long periods of time...

Anyone having similar issues?

It started doing this when we moved from Okalhoma to Florida... could higher heat / humidity cause issues with the charcoal filter, making it not work properly? \

How would fuel vapors make it to the inside of the vehicle?

Could the vapors flow out of the truck space via the vents near the back window?

mmmmm

Reply to
Mr . .