1999 contour flex plate

I am told I need to replace flex plate and starter, I hear a grinding noise, and sometimes must attempt to start the car 2 or 3 times. The dealer says this is around 1000 dollars, is this correct, and is the price within reason, is there a recall or some help from Ford? Thanks

Reply to
tom

Yes, that is the typical Ford price as they just did this on my old mustang. They said it had a few teeth missing off the flywheel. The starter in this case was ok.

Reply to
Fred