1999 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

I love the car, but some things bug me...

1- the car can tell me my gas consomption in real time, tilt the rear-view mirror automatically, has a built-in compass in the mirror...

Yet, they didn't think to include heated mirrors (option in my '92 Chevy Cavy, stock in my '95 Contour, yet not to be found/available in my 1999 Grand Marquis LS)

2- Heated seats... not even an option till past 2k. friend's pre-2k Intrepid has them)

3- Fog Lights... (I'll have to Dremel my way in)

That's why the big three will lose sales...

my uncle's Sonata has every one of those things, plus a tip-tronic tranny...

Please FORD, listen to customers...

Reply to
El Bandito

If you want to see some nice options, perhaps you might avoid 8 year old cars....

07 Five Hundred Limited has heated mirrors as standard.... heated seats - standard........ dual zone climate control -standard..... Step up to an SUV and you can enjoy climate controlled front seats. The cry for bells and whistles 8 years ago wasn't what it is now... satellite radio, navigation systems, DVD systems.... Like that one touch down power window? How about one touch integrated starting? "Theatre dimming" interior lights.... toys, toys, toys...

Come and get 'em...

Reply to
Jim Warman

The point is, I had those mirrors in a '92 Cavy (aftermarket I think) and my '95 Contour (stock, not even an option in the Canadian model).

A Grand Marquis isn't exactly in the same category as those two other cars. (crappy low-end Cavy and somewhat creatively-engineered but fun to drive 'Tour, when it wasn't in the shop :)

I found heated mirrors on eBay for really cheap ($70 for both, including motors, casing and everything), but it would have been nice to include those in a semi-luxury car...

Take out the compass and auto-tilting mirror, use the cash for heated mirrors instead when you build the car for canadian market :)

Just a thought...

On another note, Happy new one to everyone here...

Reply to
El Bandito

Just a side note.... when it comes to those "high tech" options, many owners wont repair them unless they fall under the warranty umbrella.

From about 12 years ago... I quoted a repair over the phone - sight unseen. The presence of air conditioning added about $150 to the bill but the customer stated that it doesn't have AC. Of course, when it showed up, there was all the offending hardware, securely attached and hooked up...

"I thought you said it didn't have AC?".

"Well it hasn't worked for three years.... so I don't have AC....."....

And they wonder why I drink.....

Reply to
Jim Warman