2002 windstar Hydraulic control unit gone?

Heh,

At 64000 km's my steering rack went and was replaced. Now at 68000 km's my Hydraulic control unit is said to be gone. (Warranty was 3yrs/60k)

I posted before regarding why my ABS and TRAC lights remained on while driving. Well, unfortunately for me it wasn't as simple as hoped. I got a diagnostic from a Ford dealer and they told me that it brought them to the hydraulic control unit. They told me it would need replacing. Now they are supposed to call back and tell me how much $ it will cost and they said probably a lot.

Is there anything I should question them about before they replace it? If it needs replacing, what do you think about a used unit?

Still I'm pissed that these problems not only happened but did so in the 60k area.

TIA

Reply to
bones